How to Help Dogs Conquer Their Fears, 2nd Edition
Cautious Canine shows how to help dogs conquer their fears using desensitization and classical counter-conditioning. You will learn to discover exactly what triggers your dog and how to apply this popular step-by method to your dog to overcome fear-motivated problem behavior.
Whether your dog is afraid of the vacuum cleaner or defensively aggressive to visitors, using this booklet will result in a happier and better behaved dog.
The Cautious Canine will:
- Help you create a safe environment for your dog and others
- Illustrate that what’s called “aggression” is often fear
- Show you how to identify the subtle “triggers” that elicit fear
- Help you turn your dog’s fear into happy anticipation
- Teach you how to manage “surprises” that could set your dog back
Publisher: Distributed by Dogwise Publishing
Edition: 2005 Paperback, 30 pages
Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D., CAAB is an Ethologist and Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist who has consulted dog lovers for over twenty years. She is the author of ten books including The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs and For the Love of a Dog: Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend. Trisha lives on a farm near Madison, Wisconsin with two dogs, one cat and a flock of sheep.
The Cautious Canine
- Product Code: TRG-011
- Availability: In Stock