Get the Complete In-Class Training Package
The Sound Beginning Behavior and Training package is unlike any other. Dog training experts created the program specifically to help new pet parents navigate that all important transition period, right before and just after an adoption. The training package INCLUDES:
- Four individual one-hour classes (One LIVE virtual orientation class and three In-Person OR LIVE Virtual classes).
- A copy of the Book/CD “Adopting a Dog? Start off right with ... A Sound Beginning” by co-authors Julie Dorsey-Oskerka, Patricia Rattray, and Rebecca Cann.
- Sniff-itTM All in One Package (includes 5ml bottle of Calm-a-Mile RTU essential oil to aid in calming).
- VIDEOS of training exercises for continued at-home support.
- HOME SUPPORT and HANDOUTS to address behavioral issues specific to your individual needs.
- LIFETIME ACCESS to our MEMBER section.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE – WE CAN HELP YOU
- CLASSES are available as VIRTUAL or IN-PERSON (at various Chicagoland locations)
- CLASSES can be taken in any order, any location, any time-frame.
- You also have an option of doing the program completely VIRTUAL OR you can mix & match to suit your schedule and preference
HOW IT WORKS
- STEP 1: Purchase the complete package.
- STEP 2: A copy of the Sound Beginning book, and Sniff-itTMAll-in-One Package, will be shipped to you to get you started on the right path.
- STEP 3: Within 24 hours of your processed payment your customer login account will be given access to the Members section of our site where you can view/download training exercises and handouts.
- STEP 4: Once you are a Member, login and register for four "Path to Success" classes. You must begin with the ORANGE (Virtual) class.
THE CLASS: THE PATH TO SUCCESS
IMPORTANT: The first ORANGE orientation class must be taken before being able to attend any of the other classes. The Orange class is a LIVE virtual class, allowing you to train in the comfort of your own home.
YELLOW, BLUE, or GREEN may then be taken in any order. Classes are provided on a continuous weekly basis using an Open Enrollment format. YOU can reserve an available spot EITHER as a LIVE VIRTUAL class OR at a Chicagoland location and date that suits your schedule.
The Path to Success consists of 4 unique classes. These practical exercises are included in all.
- RELAXATION (Relax on a Mat)
- CONFIDENCE BUILDING (Coping with environmental changes)
- CANINE COMMUNICATION (Understanding dog language)
- NAME RECOGNITION (Attention)
- SAY PLEASE! (SIT / Polite Manners)
- TOUCH (Hand target / Confidence and Focus)
- HANDLING & GROOMING (Trust)
Each of the FOUR classes ALSO focuses on a specific topic unique to that unit/color:
- Make-up classes are available.
- The whole family is invited to participate.
- Demonstration videos and handouts are available online as follow-up support for each class.
OTHER WAYS TO LISTEN TO THE A SOUND BEGINNING MUSIC
Search for "Bruce Oscar" to find it on most streaming platforms (e.g., Spotify, Amazon Unlimited, Apple iTunes, iHeartRadio, etc.)
Purchase the digital MP3 album (or individual songs) from the following online stores:
Apple iTunes (in the app store)
A Sound Beginning is full of sensible practical advice for introducing an adopted dog into your home. It is essential reading if you are adopting your first dog.
-- Temple Grandin, Author of Animals Make Us Human