- IN CLASS Program $175
- VIRTUAL Program $100
NOTE: The full amount of your purchase goes directly to our not-for-profit “Positive Solutions for A Sound Beginning” to provide behavioral education and training support for the people who work and volunteer in shelter and rescue.
Virtual Class Program
Here are some questions and thoughts to ask yourself…
- Is your dog reactive when out on walks?
- Fearful of new places, people, or sounds?
- Anxious when riding in the car?
- Does your dog growl, bark, or lunge towards others if they come near you?
- Do you want to learn from the comfort of your own home?
If you said yes to ANY of these questions then the virtual class is for you.
- This is a class that teaches the FOUNDATION SKILLS that every dog needs.
- It consists of four one-hour sessions that meet weekly on the same day/time.
- Each class focuses on a different topic but each week builds on the previous one.
We only take FOUR dogs in a class allowing lots of time for individual learning!
- NEW CLASSES BEGIN every two weeks making it EASY to get started!
- TOTAL FEE - $100 for all four classes.
Instructor: Jeff Joyce, CPDT-KA ASB Program SW Florida Division
*When you click to purchase, you will be taken to a registration web site. Set your time zone to begin.
The In-Class program includes:
- Four one-hour classes
- A copy of the Book/CD “Adopting a Dog? Start off right with ... A Sound Beginning
- Sniff-itTMAll in One Package (portable diffuser and 5ml bottle of Calm-a-Mile RTU essential oil to aid in calming)
These practical exercises are included in all four classes:
- RELAXATION (Relax on a Mat)
- CONFIDENCE BUILDING (Coping with environmental changes)
- CANINE COMMUNICATION (Understanding dog language)
- NAME RECOGNITION (Attention)
- SAY PLEASE! (Polite Manners)
- TOUCH (Hand target / Confidence and Focus)
- HANDLING & GROOMING (Trust)
HOW IT WORKS
- The first class – ORANGE – is virtual from the comfort of your own home.
- The next three classes of YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN are IN-PERSON
- WHEN: Tuesday’s at 6:30pm (see calendar for start dates)
- WHERE: Geneva, Illinois
Trainer: Kristi Kaempfer CPDT
Class size is limited to FOUR which allows 1-1 learning within a group environment.
TOTAL FEE: $175.00
Each of the FOUR classes ALSO focuses on a specific topic unique to that unit/color:
ORANGE - Let's GO
YELLOW - You've Got a Friend
BLUE - Don't Correct ... Re-direct!
GREEN - The Thinking Dog
Terms: Purchasing the A Sound Beginning Package signifies that you agree to the following Terms of Service.
CLASSES are available as IN-PERSON (Chicagoland) or VIRTUAL (anywhere).
- Monday’s -- 6:00pm CT (Virtual)
- Tuesday’s -- 6:30pm CT (Geneva)
- Wednesday’s -- 6:00pm CT (Virtual)
Order the In-Class Program
OTHER WAYS TO LISTEN TO THE A SOUND BEGINNING MUSIC
Search for "Bruce Oscar" to find it on most streaming platforms (e.g., Spotify, Amazon Unlimited, Apple iTunes, iHeartRadio, etc.)
Purchase the digital MP3 album (or individual songs) from the following online stores:
Apple iTunes (in the app store)
A Sound Beginning is full of sensible practical advice for introducing an adopted dog into your home. It is essential reading if you are adopting your first dog.
-- Temple Grandin, Author of Animals Make Us Human