Our Service and Safety Plan for In-Home Training
Effective July 1, 2020 -- As the global coronavirus situation changes daily, we will provide status changes or updates on our web site and Facebook page. Please check our sites before any scheduled home visit for the most up-to-date information.
- Whenever possible our training sessions will be held outdoors and we will follow social distancing guidelines outlined by the State of Illinois.
- In the event it is necessary to conduct a training session indoors, ALL family members must wear a properly fitting mask throughout the entire training session and all parties must maintain a minimum distance of SIX-FEET from one another.
- If our trainer or anyone in the client’s household is experiencing any symptoms, has been exposed to the coronavirus, or has tested positive for the virus, the training session will be cancelled and re-scheduled to a time when it is safe to resume.
- Our promise to you is that our trainers will do our part to maintain safety while working together. Our ask of you is to let us know immediately if any circumstances occur that could pose a safety risk to our trainers.
Terms: Purchasing a virtual training package signifies that you agree to the following Terms of Service.
Call: 630-776-8197 (Office hours are: M-F 9am-4pm)
NO POPS, SHOCKS, OR CANS OF ROCKS!
- We are totally positive reinforcement trainers using humane, science-based methods.
- We do not advocate nor use choke chains, prong collars, shock collars, force, fear, or intimidation.
- We dedicate our training program to improving the relationship between dogs and their people.
- References: American College of Veterinary Behaviorists www.dacvb.org
American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) is committed to improving the quality of life of all animals and strengthening the bond between animals and their owners. Read their position statements on:
- Dominance - the theory of dominance and relationships between animals
- Punishment-based training – why it should not be used in behavior modification (updated statement coming soon)