Get the Complete Training Package
The Sound Beginning Behavior and Training package is unlike any other. Dog training experts created the program specifically to help new pet parents navigate that all important transition period, right before and just after an adoption. The training package INCLUDES:
- A copy of the Book/CD “Adopting a Dog? Start off right with ... A Sound Beginning” by co-authors Julie Dorsey-Oskerka, Patricia Rattray, and Rebecca Cann.
- A clicker set (which you will receive at the first class)
- Sniff-itTM collar attachment (pre-loaded with essential oil for calming)
- A 30-minute private phone consultation with a professional trainer: Guaranteed 24 hour response.*
- FOUR separate one-hour classes.
- VIDEOS of training exercises for continued at-home support.
- HOME SUPPORT and HANDOUTS to address behavioral issues specific to your individual needs.
CLASSES FOR THIS PACKAGE ARE AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN THE GREATER CHICAGOLAND AREA .
HOW IT WORKS
- STEP 1: Purchase the complete package.
- STEP 2: A copy of the Sound Beginning book and a Sniff-itTM will be shipped to you to get you started on the right path.
- STEP 3: Within 24 hours of your processed payment your customer login account will be given access to the Members section of our site where you can view/download training exercises and handouts.
- STEP 4: Once you are a Member, login and register for four "Path to Success" classes. You must begin with the ORANGE class. You will receive a clicker set when you attend the first class.
- STEP 5: You will receive an email message with information on scheduling your 30 minute private phone consultation.
THE CLASS: THE PATH TO SUCCESS!
IMPORTANT: ORANGE must be taken before being able to attend any of the other classes. YELLOW, BLUE, or GREEN may then be taken in any order. Classes are provided on a continuous weekly basis using an Open Enrollment format. YOU can reserve an available spot at a location and date that suits your schedule.
The Path to Success consists of 4 unique classes. These practical exercises are included in all.
- RELAXATION (Relax on a Mat)
- CONFIDENCE BUILDING (Coping with environmental changes)
- CANINE COMMUNICATION (Understanding dog language)
- NAME RECOGNITION (Attention)
- SAY PLEASE! (SIT / Polite Manners)
- TOUCH (Hand target / Confidence and Focus)
- HANDLING & GROOMING (Trust)
Each of the FOUR classes ALSO focuses on a specific topic unique to that unit/color:
- You will attend the first class without your dog as soon as you are able.
- Make-up classes are available.
- The whole family is invited to participate.
- Demonstration videos and handouts are available online as follow-up support for each class.