In-Home Training Behavior Coordinator
Terri Klimek is the owner of Training Tails with Terri. She is a life-long Chicago area resident who has made it her goal to make a difference in the lives of canines and their owners. Since 2003, Terri has been using positive reinforcement/reward-based training for all areas of a dog’s life, and coaching owners to use it for puppy training, basic manners, addressing nuisance behaviors (jumping, barking, chewing, etc.), as well as using behavior modification for separation anxiety, leash reactivity, fearful behaviors, etc.
- On staff of Chicagoland Veterinary Behavior Consultants and works with Dr. John Ciribassi, a board certified veterinary behaviorist, helping clients understand how to implement the treatment plan created for them.
- Faculty member with Fetch Find in Chicago for up and coming canine professionals.
- Certified in 2004 by Purdue University in the Principles and Techniques of Dog Behavior Modification under the direction of Dr Andrew Luescher, a board certified veterinary behaviorist.
- Member of the Pet Professional Guild of Force Free Pet Professionals
- Recommended by and works with area veterinarians and other veterinary behaviorists.
- American Kennel Club Evaluator for the Canine Good Citizen program and S.T.A.R. Puppy program, and offers preparatory classes for both.
- Trainer with A Sound Beginning Program
- Previously served as board member and education coordinator for one of the large breed rescue groups in Illinois. Currently supports several local rescue groups in a variety of areas including developing treatment/rehabilitation programs for problem dogs, and helping foster/adoptive families implement programs for transitioning those dogs out of shelters and into their forever homes.
To stay current with what’s new in training, Terri attends education conferences, seminars and courses throughout the year. She and her husband Paul share their home with their rescued golden retrievers, Keily and Stitch.